Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: "The Web of Addiction"

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    Yeah, I like my women skinny and hocking up a lung!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    Yeh if they are gonna have coffee shops in Cali selling it to people with prescriptions. The gov may as well make some cash from it. The profits from the weed they seel to to a wide variety of criminal and terrorist orgs anyways.
    GO VOLS

  3. #23
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    To no one in particular, but everyone in general: I would suggest that, for everyone, if you don't really know how addiction works, its causes, its treatment, etc., then it may be best to shelve your opinions. I am a recovering alcoholic, and I've lost 3 brothers to drugs. Maybe I take the issue a little too personally, but its all become pandemic in our culture. And to be quite honest, I'm disappointed that the American church hasn't done more to address these issues. But then again, I shouldn't be upset with them - they've let culture influence them, rather than them influencing culture.

    Don't mean to offend anyone.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    Excellent post, my man. I admire you and your strength in overcoming. Hope I didn't offend you.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  5. #25
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    No offense taken. And I appreciaate your words of encouragement -which we all need from time to time.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nicotine isn't a gateway drug. I smoked for 10 years and I never got the urge to spark a J.</div></div>




    Neither is weed. Nothing is a gateway drug, IMO. Either YOU choose to try other things or YOU choose not too.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    im def for sure pro-green, but saying it isnt a sociological gateway drug your'e wrong.

    when you go to buy weed/sell weed, you are more likely to encounter other drugs, simple as that.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    Making it legal should take of that problem. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    Grow it in your backyard!! haha

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    ohh [censored], if it was legal, id grow plants ten feet high in the sky
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "The Web of Addiction"

    Replacing marijuana prohibition with a system of legal regulation would save approximately $7.7 billion in government expenditures on prohibition enforcement -- $2.4 billion at the federal level and $5.3 billion at the state and local levels.

    Revenue from taxation of marijuana sales would range from $2.4 billion per year if marijuana were taxed like ordinary consumer goods to $6.2 billion if it were taxed like alcohol or tobacco.

    http://www.prohibitioncosts.org/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •